Investcorp buys $270m US residential properties
Manama, November 26, 2013
Investcorp, a leading provider and manager of alternative investment products, said that its US-based real estate arm has acquired, through separate transactions, a portfolio of residential properties in the greater metropolitan areas of Chicago, Austin and Las Vegas.
The properties were acquired for total pricing of approximately $270 million.
These transactions follow Investcorp's recent announcement of its acquisition of a group of high quality office and retail properties valued at $250 million.
"These recent residential acquisitions are consistent with our strategy of targeting high quality assets and what we believe are attractive yields in addition to the potential for near and long-term upside through operating improvements and renovations," Investcorp Gulf Business president Mohammed Al Shroogi said.
Since the fourth quarter of 2012, Investcorp's activities include investments in properties collectively valued at approximately $925 million.
Investcorp currently has more than $4 billion of property and real estate debt funds under management.
The properties acquired consist of approximately 3,000 units and have a combined average occupancy rate of approximately 95 per cent.
The University Village and University Estates, in Austin, Texas are two student housing communities have a combined total of 846 units or 2,700 beds and are located in the Riverside submarket.
The properties are in close proximity to the University of Texas at Austin, as well as several other colleges with significant student populations.
The Eagle Crest Apartments, Las Vegas, Nevada, built in the late 1990s, is a Class A asset close to several employment centres and amenities.
The investment in this 624-unit community provides Investcorp the opportunity to participate in Las Vegas' improving economy, which has recently started demonstrating growth in population, employment, and home values following several years of economic downturn.
The Chicago Multi-Family Portfolio (Waukegan, Westmont and Crest Hill) Illinois, is a multi-family portfolio consists of 1,514 units and is located in three densely populated suburban markets of Chicago with limited capacity for new supply.
Within close proximity to some of the most significant employers in the area and in strong school districts, Investcorp believes these markets are well positioned to perform strongly.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings