Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, December 4, 2013
The average rents for light industrial facilities across the main Abu Dhabi areas rose off the back of strong demand during 2013, said a report.
Rental values in Mussafah and Industry City Abu Dhabi rose 5 per cent and 10 per cent respectively year-on-year, according to the report by Knight Frank, a leading property consultancy.
The 2013 Abu Dhabi Logic Report said that tenant demand has increased steadily with the opening of Khalifa Port and Kizad this year, along with the first tranche of pre-built warehouses to be delivered by Kizad this month.It is now over 60 per cent pre-let.
The new occupiers such as Spinneys, Al Dhahira and Brazil Foods have all signed Mussatah land leases at Kizad, with all investing heavily in the construction of logistics and production facilities.
The demand has been further strengthened by the opening of the new in-field terminal at Abu Dhabi Airport and FedEx Express’ 31,000 sq ft airport facility, said the report.
"The light industrial and logistics market in Abu Dhabi is showing some very positive signs. Enquiries from the non-oil sector have been strong, and the infrastructure being developed in Kizad at Khalifa Port, as well as the airport is world class,” said Edward Batten, the manager.
“Mussafah, although it is still showing signs of resilience, will continue to become a secondary location for these light industrial occupiers, especially as the full offer of Kizad comes to the forefront,” he added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals