Emaar bondholders seek equity conversion
Dubai, December 15, 2013
Holders of Dubai-based developer Emaar Properties' convertible bonds have asked the company to convert them into shares, Emaar said in a bourse statement on Sunday.
Emaar said its board would discuss the matter at a meeting on December 17.
The Dubai developer had issued a $500 million convertible bond in 2010. The initial conversion price was set at the equivalent of 4.75 dirhams per share, according to the original issue prospectus.
Experts believe the Emaar shares are likley to fall in Sunday's trading.
"It will put pressure on the stock but investors will take this opportunity to buy Emaar," remarked Mohab Maher, senior sales trader at Mubasher. Heavy buying from foreign investors in recent sessions will partly offset any selling pressure, he added.
Shares in Emaar had jumped to Dh7.36 on Thursday - a 63-month high - after it announced a joint-venture project near the emirate's 2020 World Expo site.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract