Sodic hands over new HQ building to Juhayna
Cairo, December 24, 2013
Sodic, a leading real estate development company in Egypt, said it has handed over one of its buildings at its Polygon Business Park to Juhayna Food Industries.
The two home-grown Egyptian companies had last January signed a deal worth over EGP 79 million for setting up the 7,000 sq m HQ building of Juhayna Food Industries.
The Polygon Business Park is Westown’s first business park and is designed by multiple-award-winning UK-based architects Wilkinson-Eyre. The Polygon has been recognised this year by Cityscape as Best Commercial and Mixed Use Project Award - Future category in 2013.
It offers over 70,000 sq m of office space and is designed to accommodate both small and large scale corporations, with offices ranging from 67 sq m to full 9,000 sq m buildings.
Managing director Ahmed Badrawi said: “Sodic has had one of its strongest years yet. We are delivering across seven different projects this year. We are very excited to see all these projects come to life. The Polygon in particular is undoubtedly one of the most exciting projects to come to the market.”
The Polygon Business Park consists of 9 ‘Class A’ office buildings, a business hotel and a serviced apartments building. Situated on the Cairo-Alexandria Desert Road in the heart of Westown, a short drive from the 26th of July Mehwar and within walking distance from Allegria, Forty West, BISC, Westown Residences and Beverly Hills, The Polygon enjoys a prime location in the heart of West Cairo and is set to be West Cairo’s business hub of choice.
Badrawi said, "Polygon Business Park was one of Sodic’s most challenging projects with its cutting-edge design, hitech telecommunication network, central cooling systems and structured floors for parking,” said Badrawi.
“With the delivery to Juhayna today, we have now completed 80 percent of the project with over 80 percent sold or leased,” he added.
The Egyptian developer wants to bring the last remaining buildings to the market next year and expect to deliver the entire project by 2015.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna