Qatari developer celebrates National Day
Doha, December 29, 2013
Doha-based property developer United Development Company (UDC) marked the Qatar National Day with a plethora of programmes and entertainment activities.
The three days of festivities at the developer's Pearl-Qatar development included a series of traditional and ethnic activities such as the traditional Ardah sword dance with Qataris participating in songs and dances, falconry, face-painting for children, tower projection, water screen projection and fireworks, said UDC in a statement.
Children were offered chocolates, Qatari flags, and other valuable giveaways that were tailor-made to commemorate Qatar’s National Day.
A hospitality tent welcomed everyone with Arabian coffee accompanied with dates from Qatar’s farms and the aroma of Arabic perfumes, while events and performances spread out in several areas at The Pearl- Qatar from 1 La Croisette up to 10 La Croisette.
The water projection with three-dimensional imaging technique and laser projection were displayed with stereoscopic images on the surface of the water and the towers.
As night fell, fireworks were set off at The Pearl- Qatar, illuminating the sky and casting beautiful reflections on the sea.
The heritage tent attracted visitors who wanted to learn about traditional Qatari life and women lined-up for henna paintings on their palms.
The Open Air Theatre at 10 La Croisette engaged hundreds of children and their families in a Dora show, entertaining cartoon characters and comical clowns. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes