Bahrain’s key projects in focus
Manama, December 29, 2013
Bahrain’s Ministry of Works discussed key infrastructure projects including the construction of a road especially dedicated for bicycle amateurs and athletes at a meeting with the Southern Governor.
The proposed road, which extends from Riffa Fort to Bilaj Al Jaza’air, has been assigned for study to the ministry by Shaikh Naser bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Head of the Olympic Committee, said the ministry in a statement.
The meeting, which was chaired by Minister of Works Essam bin Abdulla Khalaf, also discussed a number of infrastructure related issues in various areas at the governorate with Shaikh Abdulla bin Rashid Al Khalifa, the Southern Governor, it stated.
Studies also include preparing preliminary cost and designs for the project, and determining the traffic safety requirements to provide a three-metre wide passageway.
The meeting also referred to the expansion of Wali Al Ahad Highway, the part located between the Clock Roundabout on Shaikh Salman Highway and Buri Roundabout, from two to three lanes on each direction, said the statement.
The detailed designs for the project, which is included in the 2014 roads programme, are currently being finalized in coordination with the Electricity and Water Authority, in order to solve any conflict with existing services and ground cables, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project