New Jeddah airport ‘ready by year-end’
Jeddah, January 5, 2014
About 60 per cent of the work on Jeddah’s new King Abdulaziz International Airport (KAIA) has been completed and the remaining work will be accelerated to finish the project by the end of the year, said a top official.
Trail operations of the airport would begin in first five months of 2015, Prince Fahd bin Abdullah, president of the General Authority of Civil Aviation, was quoted as saying in a report by Arab News.
The SR27 billion ($7.2 billion) expansion project will increase the airport’s annual capacity to 30 million passengers in the first phase and 80 million in the final phase, according to the report.
The 670,00 sq m KAIA is set to be one of the largest hubs in the world with two new terminals for domestic and international passengers.
The project includes passenger lounges, a new concourse building with 25 additional passenger bridges and connector buildings linking the terminals, air bridges and movable gates, extension and overall renovation of the existing South Terminal, apron and taxiway modifications and extensions, electrical and mechanical systems, and a car park, the report said.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project