Work starts on Union Museum project in Dubai
Dubai, January 5, 2014
Dubai’s Road and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced the start of the construction works under phase one of the Union Museum Building project, said a report.
The project is being constructed beside the Union House, the location that saw the signing of the constituent document of the UAE and the home of the second biggest UAE flag, Mattar Al Tayer, chairman and executive director of RTA was quoted as saying in the WAM report.
"Construction works of Phase I of the project comprise preparing the site, shifting and protecting artifacts and exhibits in the onsite buildings, constructing a six-metre high boundary wall, demolishing the aging buildings at site, inspecting and treating the soil, and shifting the utility lines,” said Al Tayer.
“The construction firm started site works last week and Phase I of the project is set for completion by the mid of this year. Afterwards the RTA will award the contract of the main building of the museum; which will be a beacon and a monument narrating the full story of the federation, the formation of the UAE and futuristic drive of this country," he added.
The museum is aimed at reinvigorating the historical value of the site and the building that witnessed the signing and the announcing the establishment of the UAE, and converting the present building into a museum that acts as a radiation hub for citizens, residents and tourists to know more about phases and challenges of establishing the federation together with the achievements made throughout this period, said the report. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar unveils luxury homes in ‘BLVD Crescent’
- Emaar's retail spin-off plan 'won't affect rating': S&P
- Alargan HQ becomes Kuwait's first Leed project
- Tecom parks to become carbon-free zones
- New Tekla software accelerates information flow
- Damac unveils first Trump Estates in ME
- GFH in key London property placement
- Green Valley unveils new UAE, Turkey projects
- Jotun colour collection tracks new trends
- RAK Properties to distribute $27.2m profit
- Top construction firms head to Bahrain
- Investors pull out of $65m Bahrain project
- Projects stalled in Bahrain due to 'mismanagement'
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts