Mott MacDonald wins $1.7m Bahrain EWA deal
Manama, January 8, 2014
The Bahrain Electricity and Water Authority (EWA) said it has awarded a BD621,608 ($1.7 million) contract to develop the 'Electricity and Water Master Plan 2015-2030' to Mott MacDonald.
Under the terms of the agreement, Mott MacDonald (UK) will carry out comprehensive studies on the growth of population, economy, electricity, water production and transmission facilities, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The scope of work will also include analysing all available data and information and conclude with the submission of the final master plan reports, it added.
The completion of the vital project will help EWA to align the development of electricity and water facilities with the Economic Vision 2030.
EWA chief executive Shaikh Nawaf bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa signed the agreement on behalf of the authority.
Shaikh Nawaf said the EWA continues to develop basic infrastructure to cope with the country's economic growth. Its mission is to ensure that the infrastructure is at the highest levels of reliability and dependability, compared to the world's best, he added.
The project is part of a plan by the authority to expand electricity and water facilities to meet the increasing demand from various industrial, health, housing, commercial and residential sectors, thus extending better services for citizens and residents of Bahrain and attracting foreign investment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project