Bahrain real estate trading hits record $2.2bn
Manama, January 12, 2014
Real estate trading volume in Bahrain reached BD861.9 million ($2.27 billion) last year, a 30 per cent increase over 2012, marking the highest level ever recorded in the kingdom, said a top official.
Trading volume increased by 6 per cent during the last quarter of last year compared with the same period in 2012, Registration Bureau president Shaikh Salman bin Abdulla Al Khalifa was quoted as saying in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Work on 2,450 homes to start soon
Meanwhile, work will soon start on 2,450 housing units in Northern Town and Al Louzy, said Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer as he visited the areas to inspect preparations.
Under an agreement signed with Naseej Properties, 1,618 homes will be built in the Northern Town.
The ministry has already started work on 530 units as part of the first stage of the project, bringing the total number of homes to 2,148.
Naseej Properties is also expected to start work on 832 units in Al Louzy. The minister and senior officials were updated on the new generation units – a scheme which will be the cornerstone of the upcoming five-year housing plan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings