Dubai design hub on track for Jan 2015 opening
Dubai, January 12, 2014
The first phase of the Dh4 billion ($1.08 billion) fashion hub Dubai Design District (d3), which includes 10 buildings, is likely to be completed by January 2015, said a top official.
“These buildings are well-advanced, progressing well,” Amina Al Rustamani, group CEO of Tecom Investments, was quoted as saying by Gulf News.
“In terms of hard infrastructure, during the early part of 2014 we will deliver our first milestone, which will provide an experiential reference for the overall vision of Dubai Design District,” she said.
“The main thrust of the project-related work in 2014 will be completing the 10 buildings that make up the “core” of d3,” she was quoted in the report.
Construction work on phase two of Dubai Design District is likely to start in 2015, said the developer of the fashion centre, adding that the design and planning of has already underway.
Tecom has started accepting space bookings for various types of use including creative offices, ateliers and workshops, Al Rustamani said.
“We have already begun licensing companies and they will operate from one of Tecom’s other free zone business parks until the d3 site is ready for move-in,” she said.
Meanwhile, the Dubai Design and Fashion Council will be in operation by the end of the first quarter of 2014, she was quoted as saying the report.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project