Sudan inks $680m Khartoum airport deal
Manama, January 18, 2014
An agreement worth $680 million for the second phase of work at a major new airport in Sudan was signed on the sidelines of Bahrain International Airshow yesterday.
Khartoum New International Airport (KNIA) project directorate director Fatima Abdullatif inked the deal with China Harbour Engineering Company East Africa marketing manager Zhang Wenfeng at the show’s media centre, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Abdullatif thanked the government of Bahrain for providing an “international platform” where the agreement could be signed.
KNIA is an 86,000-square metre airport currently under construction 40km away from Khartoum’s city centre. It will replace the current Khartoum International Airport in the heart of Sudan’s capital.
The first phase of work at KNIA, worth $700 million, is almost complete.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna