New Al Ain stadium features LSI lighting
Montreal, January 23, 2014
LSI International, a leader in solid-state LED lighting and media solutions, said it developed the façade lighting solution of the newly launched Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in Al Ain.
The outer shell of the stadium is comprised of over 600 individual panels designed to resemble the trunk of the palm tree, with each panel illuminated using a custom version of the LSI International Shockwave Video Lighting system, said a statement.
The lighting of each panel can be independently controlled and is capable of displaying different colours and design patterns reflective of special events, it said. The external façade displayed colorus re-creating the UAE flag recently.
Jonathan Labbee, COO of LSI International Corp, said: “LSI International designed a custom interface that allows the venue to interact with specific events like goals, halftime, and other events; essentially the video lighting allows the stadium to express itself by creating beautiful colours, patterns and movement."
The new 25,000-seat Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium covers an area of 45,000 sq m and is over 50 m high, making it one of the tallest structures in Al Ain.
The launch of the stadium is being marked by a three-day festival named ‘The Big Kick-Off.’ - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals