New Fifa-standard stadium opens in Al Ain
Bunnik, Netherlands, January 28, 2014
BAM International, the operating company of Royal BAM Group active outside Europe, has completed the Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium in Al Ain, after a 16-month ultra-fast track construction project.
Built to Fifa standards, the stadium covers an area of 45,000 sq m with a capacity of 25,000 seats.
The scope of the project further included a sports hall, commercial buildings and extensive exterior landscaping.
The official opening of the stadium was marked by a three-day family festival with sports and healthy lifestyle activities at the venue.
The stadium features an external façade, which consists of fabric elements that create the impression of the trunk of a palm tree; and a palm bowl shaped roof, which will provide pleasant conditions for players and fans event during the hot summer months.
The project was started in mid-2012 and remained right on schedule with all aspects of the construction, making use of 10.5 million man hours. The client is Aafaq Holding and the consulting engineer is EC Harris. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings