Big 5 Saudi seminars offer skills boost
Jeddah, January 29, 2014
A new series of educational events will be held to highlight the opportunities in Saudi Arabia’s construction market at the upcoming Big 5 Saudi show, said a report.
The Sustainable Design and Construction Seminar Series is part of the Big 5 Saudi, which will be held from March 9 to 12 at the Jeddah Centre for Forums and Events.
The series, which has been developed in co-ordination with experts in the kingdom, will look at the rapidly changing technologies, materials and techniques of the global construction industry while focusing on the local market’s key drivers and identifying solutions to potential challenges, said the Arab News report.
“Growth across the kingdom has been phenomenal and this is not a recent development,” John G Spitz, senior vice president, Saudi Arabia, Hill International, a global construction consultancy, was quoted as saying. Hill handles over $40 billion in projects across the country.
“Even during the financial downturn a few years ago, Saudi Arabia maintained steady growth, as the construction sectors in many other countries were struggling. The government has actually increased its investments over the past several years to the various ministries involved in construction and infrastructure development,” he said.
The free-to-attend seminar series will also include a number of market insight sessions, one of which will focus on the market fundamentals driving the push for affordable housing in Saudi, which already boasts over $1 billion dedicated to developing eight new housing developments across the country.
Others topics to be discussed include methods for minimising post-project waste while improving energy efficiency targets, steps for integrating recycled content in building materials and how best to present green building designs to clients from a business and savings perspective. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project