Abu Dhabi airport’s $2.9bn terminal on track
Abu Dhabi, 29 days ago
The Abu Dhabi International Airport’s Dh10.8 billion ($2.9 billion) Midfield Terminal Building (MTB) project remains on schedule, said a report.
The first arch has gone up in the last three to four weeks, which the second will be up by February 24, said the airport’s chief executive in the Gulf News report.
The 700,000 sq m site is being built by a joint venture between Turkish construction company TAV, Greek Consolidated Contractors Company and Arabtec.
The Abu Dhabi Airports Company plans to open the new terminal by July 17 next year, which will be solely used by Etihad Airways and its equity and codeshare partners, Tony Douglas was quoted as saying.
It aims to speed up with the roof, the four piers, and the external façade and glazing will be complete this year, he said.
The terminal will take Abu Dhabi International’s current capacity from 17.5 million passengers a year up to 55 million, he added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals