Dubai Investments set to launch iconic projects
Dubai, 24 days ago
Dubai Investments (DI) is set to unveil iconic projects across the UAE in the coming months on its land banks with projects in Meydan, Mirdif and Jumeirah Village Circle in Dubai besides other developments in Fujairah and Abu Dhabi.
Over the past 10 years, DI has reinforced its position as a frontline player in the regional real estate industry with its prudent investments targeting strategic property assets across the UAE, driven by its farsighted vision on the growth potential on offer.
DI boasts of 30 million square feet gross floor area (GFA), one of the largest land banks across the UAE. It is owned by different subsidiaries – Dubai Investments Park (DIP), Dubai Investments Real Estate Company (DIRC), Al Taif Investments and its joint venture Properties Investments (PI).
Over 67 per cent of DI’s asset base is in real estate and is currently worth over Dh8.38 billion ($2.28 billion) – making DI one of the biggest real estate players in the UAE, said a top official.
"The UAE real estate industry is in the midst of a robust growth – which is a reflection on its sound fundamentals and overall business and investor confidence across sectors, be it retail, tourism, aviation, hospitality or trade," remarked Khalid Bin Kalban, the managing director and CEO of DI.
"As one of the leading companies, we feel the time is right to move forward with developing our land banks. Average property prices in Dubai have risen by more than 20 per cent in the last 12 months and we are confident that 2014 will mark a major step-change in the growth of the UAE real estate sector," he noted.
According to him, DI aims to set new benchmarks through these projects. "The overall optimism, accentuated with Dubai winning the Expo 2020 bid, is translating into investors eyeing long-term investments and growth in the UAE real estate industry. Overall, we expect acceleration across the entire spectrum of the industry," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna