Durrat Al Bahrain awards $32m villas contract
Manama, 25 days ago
Durrat Al Bahrain has awarded a $32 million contract to KMC Contracting to build 80 villas of Fayrooz 4, a component of Fayrooz 800 project, which was officially launched by Durrat Al Bahrain last month.
As per the contract, KMC will hand over the 80 villas of Faryooz 4 component to their owners by mid-2016, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
A signing ceremony was held at Durrat Al Bahrain's main office in Manama where the agreement was signed
"We are proud to restart the development process again in the project," said Durrat Al Bahrain chief executive Jassim Ahmed Al Jowder after signing the deal with KMC Contracting Company chairman Mohammed Al Shalfan.
"The singing of Fayrooz 4 villas agreement is the beginning of a series of contracts to be awarded to contractors, such as construction of Fayrooz 5 and infrastructure services for the two islands," he stated.
According to him, Durrat Al Bahrain has succeeded in positioning itself in the development map by handing over more than 1,000 villas to owners in the resort who are now enjoying a happy life in the serene resort.
On the contract win, Al Shalfan said: "We are really excited to be part of this prestigious project. KMC has achieved many major projects in the country and has a good reputation."
"Fayrooz 800 is a challenge which we are ready for and we will mobilise our best capabilities to execute Fayrooz 4 component on time and to the highest standards," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Emaar rules out plans for new tall tower
- Barwa net profit surges 27.3pc
- RAK Properties adds new villas to Flamingo project
- Saudi launches housing scheme to ease shortage
- R&M wins Oman residential project contract
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract