JLL wins shopping mall deals in Egypt
Cairo, 17 days ago
Jones Lang LaSalle, a leading real estate investment and advisory firm, said it has won two shopping mall management instructions in Egypt.
The company has been apointed to assist with the set-up and on-going management of The District, an open air mall, and Emerald Empire Mall, an open air food and beverage zone with a Lulu Hypermarket.
Ayman Sami, head of Egypt Office at JLL, said: “JLL’s intent is to bring in a world class management approach to Cairo on The District and Emerald Empire Mall. We are very glad to have built a trusted relationship with the owners of both of these very impressive projects in a very short time frame.”
“Jones Lang LaSalle has regional experience in managing more than 200 shopping centres and we are very pleased to see the political and security situation as well as investor confidence improving in this important market. We remain very sensitive to the local culture and habits in each and every one of the countries or cities we are appointed. Importantly, our approach uses a mix of local and international expertise to bring the best of both worlds combined and provide the perfect fit whatever our clients’ needs are.”
The District is strategically located in Heliopolis on the outer perimeter of the Cairo Airport land and will have more than 70,000 sq m GLA upon completion.
The first phase with approximately 15,000 sq m GLA is due to open in March this year. The project is anchored by a WadiDegla sporting club which is already operational and the first phase will include a wide variety of F&B outlets and a children’s entertainment zone.
Emerald Empire Mall is located in New Cairo and has started operating at the end of 2013. The mall has more than 30 F&B outlets which are operational and are expecting to add at least another 12 outlets soon in addition to several banks, a gym, services and the hypermarket, which is due to operate in the summer of 2014. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals