Bahrain earmarks $4.43bn for development projects
Manama, 20 days ago
A total of $4.43 billion has been earmarked for infrastructure and social development projects.
This was revealed when Deputy King His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa instructed the implementation of key development projects, being funded by the GCC Development Programme, to fully address the needs of Bahraini citizens, said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
During an executive committee meeting yesterday, the Deputy King said the GCC Development Programme has been designed to significantly improve public services, particularly housing and infrastructure.
He said the programme demonstrates the close co-operation and co-ordination between GCC countries.
FOCUS ON HOUSING
The major portion of the outlay earmarked for development projects will be set aside for housing projects, the Deputy King said.
This is in line with His Majesty King Hamad’s directives to provide housing that fully meets the needs of all Bahraini families, he said.
The Deputy King said that the government, under the leadership of His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, was upholding this commitment through these projects.
The committee also looked at the overall budget breakdown of the GCC Development Programme.
Its discussions also covered detailed reports from relevant and responsible government committees on the next phase of projects being planned under the GCC Development Programme.
These were initially under the supervision of the services and infrastructure committee.
The Deputy King concluded the meeting by stressing that different phases of the projects would be implemented according to the existing plans and priorities within a specific timeframe. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo