Madinah airport work to complete by Jan
Jeddah, May 21, 2014
The first phase of the expansion project of Madinah's Prince Muhammad bin Abdulaziz International Airport will be completed in January next year, a senior official said.
About 83 percent of construction work has so far been completed, Muhammad Al-Fadel, the airport’s general director, was quoted as saying in an Arab News report.
He was speaking during the visit of Madinah Governor Prince Faisal bin Salman to the project site. Prince Faisal inspected a model of the project and was breifed on various aspects of the project by Al-Fadel.
He said the airport will accommodate nearly eight million travellers annually once it starts operation.
“Upcoming phases include increasing airport capacity to 14 million passengers a year, while the third phase will see the premises accommodate almost 27 million people,” he said.