Africa Investor announces awards shortlist
Johannesburg, August 24, 2011
Africa investor (Ai), a leading international investment and communications group, has announced the shortlist for its Africa investor international Investment and Business Leader Awards.
The Ai Investment and Business Leader Awards recognise African business leaders, policy makers, international investors and development partners pioneering investments and improving Africa’s investment climate.
“Foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows to Africa have increased by more than 80 per cent over the past ten years, and are poised to increase considerably in 2012,” said Hubert Danso, chief executive officer and vice chairman, Ai.
“Investment into Africa is a powerful development tool and we are therefore honoured to recognize these institutions and public and private sector leaders at the forefront of creating jobs and improving Africa’s investment climate and international business profile,” he added.
Ai Investment and Business Leader Awards partners include the Pan African Employers Confederation and Thomson Reuters.
The awards will be presented on September 23 at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel during the Africa investor Investment Climate Summit, held in association with the World Bank Group, during the World Bank-IMF annual meetings.
The Africa investor Investment and Business Leader Awards 2011 categories include:
• Best Initiative in Support of SMEs & the Millennium Developments Goals
Investment Climate Initiative of the Year
• Bank of the Year
• Carbon Finance Initiative of the Year
• Venture/Private Equity Capital Deal of the Year
• Employer & Human Capital Investor of the Year
• Institutional Investor of the Year
• Investment Promotion Agency of the Year
• Leadership in Sustainable Investment in Africa
• Africa's Innovation Leader of the Year
• Leading African Woman in Business of the Year
• Africa Business Leader of the Year
• International Business Leader of the Year
• Up & Coming Future Leader of the Year
• Finance Minister of the Year
- TradeArabia News Service