Unimix backs Dubai Cares campaign
Dubai, October 14, 2007
Universal Concrete Products Ltd Co (Unimix) has donated Dh1 million ($272,000) to Dubai Cares, the campaign to help educate one million children in poor countries.
Managing director of Unimix Khalid Bakhit praised vice-president and prime minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai Shaikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum for backing this noble cause.
'Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a pioneering figure in charity work - he believes in the power of giving and in its ability to shape a better future for the needy. We are committed in our support to 'Dubai Cares' which is a source of pride for all of Dubai,' said Bakhit.
'Dubai Cares' serves as a 'vivid testimonial of the noble values of Arabs and Muslims' by helping poor children in different parts of the world regardless of their religion or nationality, he added.
'Dubai Cares' is the latest in a line of international initiatives that express Dubai's willingness to play an effective role in securing a better tomorrow for future generations. The campaign is Dubai's contribution to a global drive to help countries achieve their UN Millennium Development Goals of providing primary education to every child by 2015. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre
- Workplace diversity focus of forum
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University