DQG hosts strategy development seminar
Dubai, October 31, 2007
Dubai Quality Group (DQG) in collaboration with eTQM College hosted an one-day seminar on Strategy Development and Implementation in Dubai.
The seminar, which was open to DQG members and the general public, is part of an ongoing initiatives organised by DQG aimed at strengthening the culture of excellence among the business community.
Renowned business strategy consultant and certified management consultant Professor Bill Finnie conducted the training, which sought to provide a clear understanding of the importance of strategic planning and when it is needed.
"The Strategy Development and Implementation seminar was very helpful in providing a better appreciation of how well-planned and well-executed strategies optimise our ability to achieve our goals. Through this seminar, participants learnt how to combine powerful strategic planning tools to satisfy the expectations of all key stakeholders, which include owners, customers and employees," said chairman, DQG, Marwan Al Sawaleh.
"Professor Finnie has been president of the highly successful 'The Finnie Group' and has been an award-winning Adjunct Professor at Washington University. With such exemplary credentials, Professor Finnie was able to deliver a richly informative and highly enlightening presentation. On behalf of Dubai Quality Group and eTQM College, I would like to thank Professor Finnie for his support to our drive to raise the level of excellence in Dubai's business community," added Al Sawaleh.
The seminar was based on the concept that successful implementation requires a solid strategy, despite the notion that strategy makes up only 25 per cent of the challenge to succeed, with actual implementation making up the remaining 75 per cent.
As such, the seminar presented different sections that make up strategy development and strategy implementation. Each section presented strategic planning concepts and gave concrete examples of how they have produced superior value in the real world.
Among those targeted by the seminar were senior executives, external and internal advisors, academic professionals and students, strategy planning managers and directors, finance managers and directors, senior business analysts, business development managers, business performance managers, research and development managers, business project managers, corporate planners, operation mangers, chief and group accountants, market information managers and corporate development mangers and directors. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'