Frezza challenge for UAE students
Dubai, December 5, 2007
“Inspire us” was the challenge given by Frezza SpA to architectural and design students at two UAE universities - the American University in Dubai and the American University in Sharjah.
Each will be competing live to design a range of office furniture which will be judged by renowned office furniture manufacturer Frezza SpA at The Office Exhibition.
The Office Exhibition opened yesterday (December 4) at the Dubai International Exhibition Centre. This three-day event is the Gulf region’s flagship office furniture, interiors and design event.
The event is featuring exclusive product launches, cutting edge developments and innovative design from world-renowned manufacturers and distributors.
The winning students will win a once-in-a-lifetime tour of the Frezza facility in Venice, Italy to meet their world class designers.
“The Office Exhibition 2008 will be important for our students; not only one will it give them international exposure, it will also offer a unique opportunity to participate in the design and production of an important range of office furniture in Italy,” said assistant professor of Interior Design, American University in Dubai, Dr Linda Nubani.
“I am delighted to see that international companies are opening doors for students to get involved in their design activities through this competition, and more importantly, by dedicating some of their busy time in critiquing their design projects. Such competitions will further enhance students’ confidence and prepare them for their professional life,” Dr Nubani added.- TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games