Bahrain to host Career Expo
Manama, December 13, 2007
Career Expo, Bahrain, will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre in October next year.
Chairman of the Career Expo Steering Committee Abdul Ellah Al Qassimi said the event would be held for the eighth successive year.
The event will be under the patronage of minister of labour Dr Majeed bin Mohsen Al Alawi and the auspices of the National Society for Support of Education & Training (NSSET).
A three-day conference will be chaired by chairman of the steering committee Al Qassimi,, president, NSSET, Saeed Al Asbool, representative of ministry of labour Farooq Jaffar and mManaging director, Eventscom, organisers of the event, Zahra’a Taher.
NSSET was established and officially incorporated by the ministry of labour and Social Affairs in 2002. Its roles and responsibilities largely rest on contributing to the Kingdom’s social and economic stability by establishing wide-based support for education and training.
The event, targeted at Bahraini secondary students, vocational students, jobseekers, parents and the community, aims to increase Bahraini students and jobseekers understanding of the professional world, said an official spokesman.
It also facilitates the job search process, in addition to promoting careers in various fields, providing information about several different occupations and the education and vocational training necessary to enter them, training and career development, employability skills, and employer expectations.
Well-established series of workshops, seminars and career guidance activities has been planned since July 2007 continuing to October 2008, targeting students and jobseekers.
Previous expos had participation from over 90 companies from various sectors, and over 15,000 people attended. Several activities held at last Career Expo would be held this year too. These include a skills competition, a quiz show and a raffle draw.
Eventscom has been responsible for organizing the last four career Expos. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games