Bahrain to host ME's first HR fest
Manama, February 4, 2008
Bahrain is to host the first international human rights film festival in the region in May.
It is organised by Bahrain Society for Public Freedom and Democracy Support and financed by the Social Development Ministry.
It will be held from May 1 to 4 in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
'Our festival will represent a strong message from the people of this part of the world, proving their support to all issues related to peace, justice and human rights,' said festival director Nasser Burdestani.
'This festival is the first-of-its-kind in the Middle East and North Africa region and will hopefully be another achievement for Bahrain in the field of human rights.
'We are looking for partnership with concerned government agencies and local and regional media. We are inviting all of those who care for human rights to be part of this successful dream.'
The films will be screened by Bahrain Cinema Company and Dana Cinema and a prize for the best one will be awarded by 'Movies That Matter.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry