DSOA to counsel at Careers UAE
Dubai, April 10, 2008
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) will participate in Careers UAE, the largest recruitment, training and education event for UAE nationals.
DSOA will counsel and highlight employment opportunities available in DSO, the region’s premier integrated innovations hub for high-tech industries.
The eighth edition of Careers UAE 2008 will be held in Dubai from April 15 to 17 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
DSOA’s stand will be located in the area dedicated for the ICT industry, where DSO officials will be on hand to meet and guide young UAE nationals seeking a career placement in the high-tech hub.
DSOA will focus on the initiatives launched to attract UAE Nationals in addition to the training programmes that were designed to cater for the requirements of the UAE graduates.
All to be revealed during the exhibition, which will witness strong representation from the financial services including banking, real estate, insurance, hospitality, oil and gas as well as tourism sectors.
“Careers UAE 2008 will provide DSOA with an excellent platform to showcase various job opportunities available to UAE nationals. The event will be a perfect opportunity for local talents who are keen to contribute to the country’s growth through technology research and development at the silicon oasis. Moreover DSO officials will hold on-the-spot assessment of the resumes that are submitted during the career fair,” said senior chief corporate services officer at DSOA Dr Juma Al Matrooshi.
Currently, 77 nationals have made DSO their employer of choice, representing more than 50 per cent of its workforce. With the expected number of visitors to Careers UAE 2008 set to top 20,000 this year, DSOA is confident of integrating several more UAE national graduates into its workforce.
Committed to raising the IT literacy rate in the UAE, DSO, recently inducted over 60 students into a series of workshops and seminars. The events aimed to educate students on latest IT developments around the world, its future implications and the companies currently operating within DSO.
A wholly-owned entity of the government of Dubai, DSO operates as a free zone technology park for semiconductors, microelectronics and other electronics-based companies looking to set up their regional headquarters and R&D divisions in Dubai.- TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools