Freyssinet wins KAEC school contract
Jeddah, January 6, 2009
Emaar, The Economic City (Emaar.E.C), the company developing King Abdullah Economic City (KAEC), has awarded Freyssinet Saudi Arabia a SR120 million contract for the construction of the mega-project’s first school.
The school will be built within the Esmeralda District in KAEC.
Fahd Bin Abdul Mohsen Al-Rasheed, board member and chief executive officer, Emaar.E.C and Amjad Demashqyah, managing director, Freyssinet Saudi Arabia, recently signed the contract in Jeddah for the state-of-the-art school spanning 16,928 sq m, to be built to the international standards of world-renowned KAEC.
The first phase of the school is scheduled for completion in August 2009 to meet with the new school year and will accommodate up to 1,000 students of different grades.
Located on the Red Sea coast, the 168 million sq m KAEC has six key zones: The Sea Port, Industrial Zone, Central Business District, Educational Zone, Resort Zone and Residential Communities. –TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry