Adic launches Emiratisation drive
Abu Dhabi, February 24, 2009
The Abu Dhabi Investment Company (Adic) has launched a hiring and training drive, aimed at placing talented Emirati graduates in each of its departments.
Recent hires have joined the company’s strategy, risk & compliance, and infrastructure investment teams, said a company statement.
The move supports goals of the Abu Dhabi government set out in its “Economic Vision 2030” paper, which promotes training and education to encourage Emirati employment while keeping an open and flexible labour market.
Adic has also intensified its on-the-job training, putting heavy emphasis on career development planning and mentoring, to ensure new recruits have the best chance of progressing into senior management.
“We want to take the most promising graduates and give them the expertise and experience to operate internationally,” said Adic chief Nazem Fawwaz Al Kudsi.
“The best way to invest is for the long term,” he added. “Investing in youthful talent is crucial for the long-term growth of Adic and of Abu Dhabi.”
Adic has been growing its international profile. For example, the company operates an infrastructure fund joint venture with Swiss bank UBS and is a strategic partner of German private bank BHF-Bank.
As Adic attracts more global investors, the company’s new graduate recruits will gain international exposure.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA