Adic launches Emiratisation drive
Abu Dhabi, February 24, 2009
The Abu Dhabi Investment Company (Adic) has launched a hiring and training drive, aimed at placing talented Emirati graduates in each of its departments.
Recent hires have joined the company’s strategy, risk & compliance, and infrastructure investment teams, said a company statement.
The move supports goals of the Abu Dhabi government set out in its “Economic Vision 2030” paper, which promotes training and education to encourage Emirati employment while keeping an open and flexible labour market.
Adic has also intensified its on-the-job training, putting heavy emphasis on career development planning and mentoring, to ensure new recruits have the best chance of progressing into senior management.
“We want to take the most promising graduates and give them the expertise and experience to operate internationally,” said Adic chief Nazem Fawwaz Al Kudsi.
“The best way to invest is for the long term,” he added. “Investing in youthful talent is crucial for the long-term growth of Adic and of Abu Dhabi.”
Adic has been growing its international profile. For example, the company operates an infrastructure fund joint venture with Swiss bank UBS and is a strategic partner of German private bank BHF-Bank.
As Adic attracts more global investors, the company’s new graduate recruits will gain international exposure.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'