3D models win acclaim at Office Expo
Dubai , March 5, 2009
The three winners of the second annual Loft Student Design competition were honoured for their conceptual designs and 3D models of office systems at the Office Exhibition.
The Office Exhibition, which opened at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre on March 3, is closing today (March 5).
Sareh Ameri-Mills and Mahnaz Mohammadpour, both interior design students at the
The short-listed entries were critiqued live at the Office Exhibition by Sergio Lion, managing director and architect at Frezza SpA, sponsors of the competition, and Paolo Favaretto, architect at Favaretto and Partners.
“The standard of entries for this year’s competition was very good,” commented Sergio Lion. “The students are still learning and will continue to learn throughout their careers, but their entries showed an understanding of design principles and theory gained in their university courses.
Favaretto said: “In critiquing the entries, we were looking for new concepts and ideas. The world is changing rapidly and considering the current financial crisis and environmental issues, students are in a good position to design with the needs of tomorrow’s market in mind.”
The winning students will travel to
“The competition is good for students as it emulates a real working environment, including meeting deadlines and strong competition within the industry,” added Favaretto.
“The winning students will be exposed to the latest design innovations and given the opportunity to network with some of the biggest names in the industry.”
Exhibition director Sinead Bridgett of dmg world media said she was impressed by the high calibre of competition entries.
Bridgett said: “For the second year running, the Loft Student Design Competition has proven to be a huge success.
“All of the entrants showed enthusiasm and talent, and the winners have a wonderful educational experience to look forward to. Visitors and exhi
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List