MBRCLD, Duke sign MoU for new program
Dubai, August 23, 2009
Mohammed Bin Rashid Centre for Leadership Development (MBRCLD) has signed a MoU with Duke University – Fuqua School of Business, to offer a Master of Management Science program.
The 12-month program focuses on developing business skills and subject matter knowledge of participants, enabling them to effectively run government enterprises.
'This partnership complements our various leadership development initiatives, providing a new platform for UAE leaders to further strengthen their core competencies and subject matter expertise in the field of management and government service. Duke has been a leading partner and resource for MBRCLD's wide array of leadership development initiatives,' stated Adel Al Shared, executive chairman of MBRCLD.
'This program will help ensure the development of world-class leaders, who will take charge in continuing the socioeconomic development initiatives of the country,' said Prof Blair H Sheppard, dean and professor of Management, Duke University: The Fuqua School of Business.
'Our vision is to strengthen and expand our leadership pool, particularly next-generation leaders who will ensure that Dubai's future development initiatives remain genuinely in line with the ideals of the Dubai Strategic Plan,' added Awadh Seghayer Al-Ketbi, chief of MBRCLD.
MBRCLD has guaranteed two batches for the Masters of Management Science program; where 85 Arab students from different countries will participate in the first batch.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA