MBRCLD, Duke sign MoU for new program
Dubai, August 23, 2009
Mohammed Bin Rashid Centre for Leadership Development (MBRCLD) has signed a MoU with Duke University – Fuqua School of Business, to offer a Master of Management Science program.
The 12-month program focuses on developing business skills and subject matter knowledge of participants, enabling them to effectively run government enterprises.
'This partnership complements our various leadership development initiatives, providing a new platform for UAE leaders to further strengthen their core competencies and subject matter expertise in the field of management and government service. Duke has been a leading partner and resource for MBRCLD's wide array of leadership development initiatives,' stated Adel Al Shared, executive chairman of MBRCLD.
'This program will help ensure the development of world-class leaders, who will take charge in continuing the socioeconomic development initiatives of the country,' said Prof Blair H Sheppard, dean and professor of Management, Duke University: The Fuqua School of Business.
'Our vision is to strengthen and expand our leadership pool, particularly next-generation leaders who will ensure that Dubai's future development initiatives remain genuinely in line with the ideals of the Dubai Strategic Plan,' added Awadh Seghayer Al-Ketbi, chief of MBRCLD.
MBRCLD has guaranteed two batches for the Masters of Management Science program; where 85 Arab students from different countries will participate in the first batch.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs