DP World funds 3 science labs in schools
Dubai, November 24, 2009
Two school laboratories which had been revamped and re-equipped with funding from DP World, were formally opened at Dubai’s Omar Bin Al Khattab Model School.
Officials from Dubai’s Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) and DP World, UAE Region attended the recently held opening ceremony along with the school faculty and students. They later toured the chemistry and physics laboratories that have been completely refurbished and upgraded with the premier port operator’s support.
The donation of the labs to Dubai’s secondary schools through KHDA is part of DP World, UAE Region’s community initiatives for 2009. The company has already donated a new biology laboratory to Al Safa School.
“We have ensured that the school laboratories we donated are fully equipped to benefit the students. In time, we hope they will in turn contribute to the further development of the UAE,” stated Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, DP World – UAE Region.
“KHDA aims to develop Dubai’s school education system to a level on par with the best in global education. We welcome the new laboratories as another step towards grooming future scientists and scholars,” added Amal Belhasa, executive director, KHDA.
In 2008, the company revamped, furnished and donated four libraries on Islamic Education, Arabic, Geography and History for Maria School, Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA