wasl-sponsored students move on at AUD
Dubai, January 2, 2010
A group of six UAE national students sponsored by wasl, the asset management group owned by Dubai Real Estate Corporation, have completed their first semester at the American University in Dubai (AUD).
The sponsorship of students at AUD is offered to fresh high school graduates who have scored at least 85 per cent in their school leaving examinations and to students wishing to pursue their master’s in any specialisation. not only in MBA at AUD.
In addition to fulfilling the admission criteria of the American University in Dubai as part of the selection process, applicants have to go through an intensive assessment with wasl.
“Our commitment to raising the bar in the industry has been synonymous with our initiatives to promote education through sponsorships,” said Husam Al Sayed, general manager for human resources, wasl.
“We aim to ensure that our future employees have the right skills set to be the initiators of change as we believe education holds the all-important key to raising industry benchmarks and operational performance in any society.”
Al Sayed added that there are still available seats for fresh graduates who are willing to join any programme at AUD.
Alaa AlKooheji, one of the AUD students sponsored by wasl, said: “Up till now, my studies at AUD have been very rewarding.”
“I have gained significant exposure to the business sector and begun to understand the relevance of market dynamics,” AlKooheji added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis