NYIT ends road safety campaign
Amman, January 9, 2010
The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) in Jordan has concluded its traffic awareness campaign held at Cambridge International Schools headquarter recently.
The traffic awareness campaign, in which the international driver, Jordan Rally Champion, Amjad Farrah participated, also aimed at educating students about potential dangers ensuing from traffic accidents.
Over a four-day period, professional drivers and specialists shared information regarding traffic safety with the students.
The first two days of the campaign were devoted, by the organising party, for discussing major issues regarding traffic and pedestrians’ safety, as well as precautionary procedures bicyclist should follow to ensure their safety.
The campaign’s third day agenda’s subjects revolved around precautionary procedures motorcyclists should follow. The university hosted Valero Motorcycle Riders team whom offered a realistic presentation outlining rational driving.
On the fourth and final day, Jordan Rally Champion Amjad Farrah participated in the campaign’s activities. He brought his own rally car to introduce students to its components.
He further emphasised the difference between race cars speeding at a race track, as well as misuse and faulty over-speeding practices some do in public transportation streets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry