NYIT ends road safety campaign
Amman, January 9, 2010
The New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) in Jordan has concluded its traffic awareness campaign held at Cambridge International Schools headquarter recently.
The traffic awareness campaign, in which the international driver, Jordan Rally Champion, Amjad Farrah participated, also aimed at educating students about potential dangers ensuing from traffic accidents.
Over a four-day period, professional drivers and specialists shared information regarding traffic safety with the students.
The first two days of the campaign were devoted, by the organising party, for discussing major issues regarding traffic and pedestrians’ safety, as well as precautionary procedures bicyclist should follow to ensure their safety.
The campaign’s third day agenda’s subjects revolved around precautionary procedures motorcyclists should follow. The university hosted Valero Motorcycle Riders team whom offered a realistic presentation outlining rational driving.
On the fourth and final day, Jordan Rally Champion Amjad Farrah participated in the campaign’s activities. He brought his own rally car to introduce students to its components.
He further emphasised the difference between race cars speeding at a race track, as well as misuse and faulty over-speeding practices some do in public transportation streets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'