GUtech selects SunGard IT solutions
Dubai, February 24, 2010
The German University of Technology (GUtech) in Oman has adopted SunGard Higher Education's IT solution, to help create a centre of excellence in technology studies, research and innovation.
GUtech is Oman’s first internationally accredited private university.
The PowerCampus Unified Digital Campus (UDC) From SunGard is a complete ERP solution for small and mid-sized schools.
Built on Microsoft technologies and integrated with Microsoft Dynamics, it will help GUtech meet growing demands for improved accountability, performance and productivity.
“GUtech is committed to providing a higher education environment that is consistent with world-class standards and best practices,” said Dr Barbara Stauble, vice rector for academic affairs, GUtech.
With the help of Information Management Solutions (IMS), an experienced implementer of software solutions, GUtech will deploy SunGard Higher Education’s PowerCampus and Microsoft’s Dynamics solutions in a multi-phase project. The first phase will establish a solid base of administration by automating creation and maintenance of records, tracking and managing registration, and monitoring academic progress in a period of strong institutional growth.
Some of the new online services GUtech plans to provide through the PowerCampus UDC include enrollment management, online registration, automated scheduling and online degree audits.
“PowerCampus will help GUtech build and sustain a world-class learning environment by bringing together people, processes and technology to help measurably improve performance,” said Mathew Boice, vice president of sales Emea and general manager for Middle East, SunGard Higher Education.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools