UAE nationals keen to join Dubal
Dubai, April 3, 2010
Dubai Aluminium Company Limited (Dubal), the world’s largest modern smelter with a captive power station, received an overwhelming response from employment-seeking UAE nationals at a recent career event in Dubai.
The 10th annual Careers Show Exhibition (Careers UAE) took place at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition centre from March 28 to 30.
The company’s exhibition stand attracted 2,373 visitors, the majority of who submitted their resumés in the hopes of obtaining employment with Dubal, a statement said.
“The response this year was overwhelming, confirming Dubal’s status as an employer of choice in the region,” said Mohammed Ali Al Owais, manager organisation development.
“As a leading company in recruiting nationals and in keeping with prior years, students were able to enter their information directly into our database, making it readily available for use in identifying potential talent to meet our organisational requirements in terms of age group, background, qualifications and skills,” he added.
Al Owais said that Dubal’s team recruitment officers have already started to segregate the job applications received during the fair according to the different segments and qualifications they fall under to fulfil the company needs. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history