DIAC to host open day
Dubai, April 15, 2010
Dubai International Academic City (Diac), the dedicated higher education free zone, will hold its annual Diac Open Day on April 24 to facilitate potential higher education students to meet a range of academic institutions.
The event will also bring together educators and business executives seeking to pursue postgraduate education.
“This annual event serves as an ideal opportunity for potential students to meet experts from international universities,” said Dr Ayoub Kazim, executive director of Dubai Knowledge Village and Diac.
“Diac aims to support its academic partners in their student recruitment efforts whilst helping students make well-informed decisions on their choice of career or institutions for higher studies. The event will also help professionals seeking to further their studies to explore options for expanding their academic horizons,” he added.
Professor John Grainger, pro vice-chancellor, Murdoch University Dubai, an academic partner of Diac, said: “A platform such as the Diac Open Day gives the much needed boost for academic institutions keen to highlight their curriculum and affiliations with renowned and recognised international centres of higher learning.”
The annual open day will additionally feature entertainment, raffle draws and food outlets serving multinational cuisine. Visitors will also have the opportunity to meet current students and gain an insight into their academic experience at Diac. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'