Gems wins 8 Cambridge awards
Dubai, April 19, 2010
Students and teachers of Gems Education, which has a global network of world class international schools, recently received eight Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Cambridge academic awards.
The awards recognise the academic achievements of secondary school students in the UAE in the June 2009 Cambridge examinations, and honours inspirational teachers.
“The receipt of these eight awards is another example of the commitment by Gems Education to provide the highest quality of education,” said Ralph Tabberer, chief of schools, Gems Education.
Since its inception, 252 Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Cambridge awards have been presented in the UAE and over 20 per cent of these awards have been won by Gems students and teachers.
Two teachers who have made outstanding contributions to their schools were presented with the Cambridge Inspirational Teacher award. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event
- 16 WCMC-Q students complete programme
- AUS, du ink $1.36m scholarship agreement
- Emal to pursue Emiratisation at Fujairah fair