253 students graduate from NYIT-Amman
Amman, June 13, 2010
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) celebrated the graduation of 253 students at its Amman campus last week.
More than 1,800 guests gathered at the Jordan University of Science and Technology’s (JUST) campus to celebrate the achievement of 163 master's degree graduates and 90 baccalaureate graduates in NYIT-Amman’s Class of 2010.
The dignitaries included Robert Stephen Beecroft, the United States Ambassador in Jordan, Dr Wajih Owais president of JUST; Dr Mohamed Hussein NYIT, executive chairman in the Middle East and Dr Robert Vogt, vice chairman.
NYIT dignitaries who traveled from New York to attend the event included president Edward Guiliano; NYIT Board of Trustees chairperson Linda Davila; Dr Roger Yu, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences; John Hyde, dean of career services; and Joe Fortine, director of alumni relations.
Guiliano thanked government officials and partner Dr Hussein for their support and conferred degrees, and he told the graduates that “as a not-for-profit institution of higher learning, our rewards at NYIT are not measured in money, but rather in the creation of human capital. Our students and graduates are those rewards, so, thank you, graduates.”
NYIT-Amman offers undergraduate and post-graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, interdisciplinary studies, computer science, electrical and computer engineering, and network and computer security and business administration. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards