Smartworld launches summer training course
Dubai, June 14, 2010
Smartworld, a leading next-generation ICT services provider, has opened its summer internship and training programme, which helps students to participate in today’s global workforce.
Smartworld has also teamed up with American University of Sharjah (AUS) to recruit students who will be employed across various departments within the company.
Smartworld’s team of professionals will provide interns with hands-on experience in a wide range of fields including ICT, marketing, public relations, finance and human resources for a period of two months.
“This initiative highlights Smartworld’s commitment to the region and development of students in the Arab world,” said Eyad Shihabi, CEO of Smartworld.
“We believe that this extensive programme will help students gain strong business skills that they can use to develop successful careers, while they are introduced to our highly experienced team of professionals.”
Dr Yousef Al-Assaf, dean of the college of engineering, American University of Sharjah said: “Offering our students sound internship opportunities is a vital part in preparing our students and allows them to gain practical experiences as well as enhance their teaming, communication, and critical thinking and innovation skills. Our partnership with Smartworld is a major step to achieve such goals”.
Dr Fadi Aloul, associate professor of computer engineering and internship facilitator, American University of Sharjah, added: “These students comprise the workforce of tomorrow and such initiatives give them opportunities to gain experience while still in college and in turn help organisations to hire competent and experienced professionals. We value Smartworld’s efforts to develop the skills of students through this summer program.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games