Adac holds summer safety seminars
Abu Dhabi, July 7, 2010
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (Adac) is rolling out a series of heat awareness seminars to advice all personnel working outdoors on how to stay safe during the summer season.
With an aim to reduce the risk of heat-related health issues, the seminars, entitled 'Key to working safely in and around heat', will teach staff about preventative measures, as well as how to spot early indicators of heat stress.
Adac has hundreds of employees under its supervision, whether from its subsidiaries, contractors, stakeholders or its own staff, indispensable to safe airport operations, working outdoors at its airports. By holding seminars on the effects of heat exhaustion and ways to deal with it, Adac aims to provide staff with the awareness they need to stay safe at work and outside of work throughout the day during the hot summer months.
“We are committed to safe operations at the airport and to the safety of our staff, and these seminars highlight the health risks of being out in the summer heat, whether for work or leisure, and the measures to take to reduce it,” said Captain Salem Mohammad Al Khazraji, head of Learning and Development, Adac.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre