Alhosn to add 4 new programmes
Abu Dhabi, September 21, 2010
Alhosn University, a leading Abu Dhabi-based university, is set to add four new programmes to its academic offerings as it starts its Fall semester for 2010.
The university recently accepted 250 new registered students, bringing its total student population to 1,600.
By December 2010 the University expects to be granted full accreditation of eight undergraduate and postgraduates programmes, it said in a statement.
External committees gave favourable reviews during on-campus visits last spring and Alhosn expects the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research to certify and bestow final accreditation in the next few months.
“Alhosn is winding up another highly successful year marked by new partnerships and participation in high-profile regional and international events,” said Dr Hamdi Sheibani, provost, Alhosn University.
“The accreditation of our four new programs will further reinforce our position as one of the top universities in Abu Dhabi and the entire Emirates.”
Alhosn University opened its doors to students of all nationalities in 2005 to promote its vision of ‘Global Knowledge with Local Vision.’ It offers 11 undergraduate and seven graduate programmes under the faculty of engineering and applied sciences, faculty of business, and faculty of arts and social sciences. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gulf Air union fears 'management ploy'
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation