Bahrain airport set to boost training
Manama, October 13, 2010
Bahrain Airport Services Aircraft Engineering Training Centre (BAETC) has appointed leading services company Serco, to improve training policy and procedures, facilities, increase performance and install best-practice to BAETC.
The partnership with Serco’s joint venture SKTS will allow BAETC to eventually offer a full and diverse range of aviation courses, a company statement said.
“With these latest introductions we will be able to offer training all the way from Level 3 foundation courses to Level 6 Foundation Degree with progression to a full-fledged, internationally recognised BSc (Honours) degree in aircraft engineering,” said Philip Bowell, CEO at Bahrain Airport Services.
BAETC appointed SKTS after an in-depth analysis report that proposed ITC developments and recommended upgrades for training aides, systems, policy and procedures, facilities, libraries, etc.
The report also assessed the centre’s training, instructors, facilities and other factors. The recommended changes will establish ‘best practice’ methods to give BAETC greater worldwide recognition.
Bowell added: “With SKTS on board, BAETC will be managed and run at par with the highest international standards and the Kingdom’s QAAET (quality assurance authority for education and training) requirements.”
“The aim is for BAETC to be a par excellence education centre in Bahrain and the region” he said.
John Steele, head of education & training at SKTS, Middle East, said: “We will bring in the most talented and experienced UK Instructors who are exceptional in their fields to impart knowledge and raise standards.”
“ To sustain a centre of excellence, developing instructors in the very latest and innovative teaching strategies will be an imperative, whilst bringing in local talent is essential, we will be looking to assign a deputy training manager who will undergo an intensive 18 months – 2 year training programme,” he added.
The BAETC is internationally accredited and recognised as the premier institute for aircraft engineering in the Middle East.
Serco is an international support services group with its headquarters in the UK. It is a service and outsourcing company and has been delivering essential public services in the Middle East region for more than 40 years, said the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle