Bahrainisation in tourism sector at 17pc
Manama, November 17, 2010
Bahrainisation in the tourism sector had marginally increased to 17 per cent in the first half of this year.
It stood at 16 per cent at the end of last year, the lowest in recent years, it has been revealed.
Hospitality Sector Vocational Training Qualitative Council chairman Ibrahim Al Kooheji told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej, that Bahrainisation has been slashed almost in half, from 33 per cent in 2001.
Extreme ideas, contradictory policies and unclear strategic vision have created confusion in the sector, which he warned could reduce the number of Bahrainis in hospitality jobs even further.
Al Kooheji said labour import in the sector had risen from 3,881 in
2000 to 8,173 last year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry