Top thinkers to join e-University congress
Dubai, November 21, 2010
An international gathering of thinkers, researchers and experts will take part in the Annual Congress 2011 being organised by the Hamdan Bin Mohammed e-University (HBMeU) in Dubai.
The congress, from January 31 to February 3, 2011, will be held under the patronage of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and the university president.
The congress will provide an international platform for three important conferences: the 5th Quality Conference in the Middle East – TQM and Excellence: A Framework for Managing Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility; the 4th Conference on e-Learning Excellence in the Middle East – In Search of New Paradigms for Re-engineering Education; and the 3rd e-Health Conference in the Middle East – Excellence in Healthcare: From Global Perspectives to Local Opportunities.
Organised under the theme 'Being at the Leading Edge – How to Give Quest for Excellence a New Meaning', the Annual Congress 2011 will feature novel ideas, demonstrate how original research is supported by evidence-based arguments, share new concepts and illustrate best practice applications in various sectors of the economy.
HBMeU has revealed that it has invited scholars, researchers and intellectuals in the Middle East and from other parts of the world to submit various research works concerning quality, e-Learning and e-Health.
The Annual Congress 2011 will also include special policy and strategy roundtables and the Annual Congress Exhibition, which will be a showcase of technologies being used by organisations to drive excellence and innovation in their respective fields.
Another key component of the event is the Congress Awards, which has been organised to encourage and recognise pioneering and original research work. The awards to be handed out are the Harrington Best TQM Thesis/Project Award, Parasuraman Service Excellence Prize, Kondo Research Prize: People and Organizational Culture Perspective, and the Masie e-Learning Research Grant.
The congress will open with a presentation from the main keynote speaker, Professor Farouk El Baz, research professor and director of the Center for Remote Sensing at Boston University in the USA, and adjunct professor of geology at the Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University in Egypt.
Professor El Baz will speak on the topic 'Essence of Management: Lessons from the Apollo Program'.
Dr Mansoor Al Awar, chancellor of HBMeU, said: 'We expect lively debates and discussions as there will be hundreds of scientific research works that will be presented at the Congress. The focus on scientific research is a key factor that will help distinguish the Annual Congress 2011 as the definitive platform to cultivate fresh ideas, concepts and innovations from various schools of thought.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- New skills 'should be included in school curricula'
- DEZ to launch 'Smart Summer ' camp
- UAE sees faster jobs, salaries growth in 2014
- Kaspersky Lab appoints EMT as training centre
- New fee structure likely for Bahrain manpower agencies
- Silah Gulf unveils big GCC expansion plan
- Bahrainisation levels up in public, private sectors
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce