Qatar institutes $500,000 education prize
Doha, December 15, 2010
Nominations for the $500,000 Wise Prize for Education will be accepted by the Qatar Foundation from February 1 to April 30, 2011.
The prize was one of the outcomes of the World Innovation Summit for Education (Wise) 2010 Summit, held in Doha from December 7-9.
The prize, recognising individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to education, will be awarded at the 2011 World Innovation Summit for Education (Wise) in November 2011.
Addressing the closing session last week, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser said: 'Through the
fruitful discussion and the main concerns raised, in addition to the constructive ideas emerging from various academic, professional, political and cultural backgrounds, I am certain that Wise will lead to opening wide horizons for developing quality education and expanding its reach. I look forward to Wise being engaged more and more in offering alternatives and solutions to the main education problems and challenges we are facing.'
Over three days, the WISE Summit witnessed a diverse range of innovations, experiences and emerging new ideas from around the world. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gulf Air union fears 'management ploy'
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation