Qatar institutes $500,000 education prize
Doha, December 15, 2010
Nominations for the $500,000 Wise Prize for Education will be accepted by the Qatar Foundation from February 1 to April 30, 2011.
The prize was one of the outcomes of the World Innovation Summit for Education (Wise) 2010 Summit, held in Doha from December 7-9.
The prize, recognising individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to education, will be awarded at the 2011 World Innovation Summit for Education (Wise) in November 2011.
Addressing the closing session last week, Sheikha Moza bint Nasser said: 'Through the
fruitful discussion and the main concerns raised, in addition to the constructive ideas emerging from various academic, professional, political and cultural backgrounds, I am certain that Wise will lead to opening wide horizons for developing quality education and expanding its reach. I look forward to Wise being engaged more and more in offering alternatives and solutions to the main education problems and challenges we are facing.'
Over three days, the WISE Summit witnessed a diverse range of innovations, experiences and emerging new ideas from around the world. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry