Smart launches entry-level whiteboards
Dubai, December 21, 2010
Smart Technologies, a global leader in interactive whiteboards, has launched entry-level series interactive whiteboard systems designed to better meet the needs of educators throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
The Smart Board 400 systems include the Smart Board 480iv interactive whiteboard system with a short-throw Smart V25 projector and the Smart Board 480iv-A interactive whiteboard system with a Smart V25 projector and integrated speakers.
They round out a comprehensive interactive whiteboard offering that includes the Smart Board 600 series interactive whiteboard line and the recently announced Smart Board 800 series interactive whiteboard line.
Using Smart’s patented DVIT (digital vision touch) technology, the 400 series systems provide a fully integrated, low-cost interactive whiteboard option that recognizes both pen and finger inputs and supports Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems.
The 400 series systems also ship with award-winning Smart Notebook 10.7 collaborative learning software, used by educators in more than 175 countries to create and deliver interactive lessons.
In the spring of 2011, Smart Notebook software will support the new common file format for digital content and the upgrade will be available without charge to Smart customers, a statement said.
The 400 series systems replace the Smart Board V280 interactive whiteboard system and the Smart Board 680V interactive whiteboard system, and will be available in EMEA in January 2011.
Entry-level Smart Board 400 series interactive whiteboard systems provide a fully integrated, low-cost multimedia option that enables educators to create engaging lessons and support a variety of learning styles. Educators and students can interact with content using an interactive whiteboard pen, finger or any other pointing device or stylus.
The integrated, short-throw Smart V25 projector is 3D ready, enabling educators to incorporate 3D multimedia, video and digital content into classroom lessons to engage learners.
The Smart Board 480iv-A includes a pair of 20W speakers to heighten the learning experience and ensure that all students can hear and engage with multimedia. Educators also have access to the Smart Exchange website, an online community that offers more than 48,000 digital resources available in 20 languages via 43 country-specific sites.
The 400 series systems integrate seamlessly with Smart’s other education products, including the Smart Document Camera, Smart Notebook Math Tools software and Smart Response interactive response systems.
They also offer a 4:3 aspect ratio and standard display size of 77-inch (195.6 cm) on the diagonal.
"Demand for interactive whiteboard systems continues to increase in EMEA, where educators require easy-to-use, cost-effective products that make the most of both their class time and limited budgets,” said Nancy Knowlton, Smart’s CEO.
“These new, entry-level products help ensure that educators with limited resources still have the opportunity to put leading-edge technology products into their classrooms,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university