KPMG Fakhro names audit partners
Manama, January 2, 2011
Global audit, tax and advisory firm, KPMG Fakhro, has appointed two new audit partners to strengthen the firm's financial services and owner managed business practices in Bahrain.
Islamic banking specialist Mahesh Balasubramanian and owner managed business specialist Harish Gopinath were both promoted from within the business.
KPMG Fakhro managing partner Jamal Fakhro said the appointments reflect KPMG's optimism for the future and the growing needs and expectations of its clients.
'Mahesh and Harish are significant appointments for our expanding financial services and owner managed business teams,' said Fakhro.
'The appointments ensure KPMG has senior auditors on the ground to support clients in the growing small and medium enterprises (SME) sector in Bahrain and Islamic banking.'
Mahesh as extensive experience in banking and financial services, including an indepth knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, and Islamic accounting standards.
An associate member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), he leads the Islamic banking services for Bahrain.
Harish, also an associate member of ICAI, has a CPA from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He manages audit, accounting and outsourcing assignments and special assignments for SME clients in Bahrain.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games