Managers are urged to play growth role
Manama, January 10, 2011
Oil and Gas Affairs Minister and National Oil and Gas Authority (Noga) chairman Dr Abdulhussain Mirza has called on young managers to help accelerate Bahrain's development.
Speaking at Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (Bipa), Seef, on the wise use of power in government work, the minister said a successful manager is one who can motivate staff to work efficiently and inspire them to be a highly productive workforce.
He discussed aspects about leadership training - definition of leadership, a leadership role in the success of the institution, leadership challenges and ways to deal with them, definition of power, leadership styles and judicious use of power.
The lecture was one of a series of lectures organised by Bipa as of part training new management staff in the government sector and equipping them with skills to carry out tasks entrusted to them.
Bipa director-general Dr Raed Mohammed bin Shams said there was constructive interaction between the minister and the 45 participants in the lecture, 20 being from the Noga headquarters.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA